Johnny Grow Privacy Notice
Depending on the circumstances, Johnny Grow will use different legal bases to process personal information. For example, in some jurisdictions, when a user explicitly consents, Johnny Grow may place cookies on the user’s computing device. In other circumstances, Johnny Grow processes personal information when required to do so by law, or if necessary to protect your interests or the interests of a third party.
Johnny Grow may also process data when it is in Johnny Grow's legitimate interests. A few examples of these legitimate interests may be to provide its services to customers, operate its business, conduct marketing, and maintain security.
This Privacy Notice does NOT apply to the websites or services offered by Johnny Grow's customers, partners, publishers who display ads or to any other third parties.
Personal Information We Collect from You
You may provide your name, contact details, information about your job (like your title or the name of your employer), and other personal information directly to Johnny Grow when you interact with our website or our services.
We also may collect personal information about you through your device or browser while you are using or visiting our websites or services. This personal information may include your IP address, device identifier, geographic location, or usage information such as authentication, analytics, and other information that allows us to provide you with a more personalized experience. Please see the section on Cookies and Tracking below for more details.
Personal Information We Receive from Other Sources
In addition to personal information we collect from you, we may receive personal information about you from other sources and through our own research. We may receive your personal information from Johnny Grow partners, customers or website users. We may also receive your personal information from third party partners, email campaigns and marketing partners. Such third-party data may include company information, demographic information and personal information such as contact details.
We collect personal information from a variety of publicly available and other sources, which may include:
- company websites and blogs
- non-confidential corporate records or reports
- government publications
- press releases
- news articles
- social media sites
- other content published by or on behalf of a company or published by third parties.
We may license data, including personal information, from third parties who license, sell or provide the data they have collected.
From these third parties we may obtain many categories of personal information related to where and how individuals do business. We do not desire and do not intentionally collect sensitive personal information like health information, biometric data or credit card information from third parties.
We may also generate or receive predictive data or inferences about business users such as account characteristics, interests or business buying behavior.
How We Use Personal Information
Johnny Grow uses personal information in the following ways:
- For providing and improving our services. We use personal information to operate, improve and personalize our business, communication and services. This use includes collecting data through integrations with customer relationship management (CRM), email or other systems, deriving insights, trends, use, and analytics, whether actual or predicted, from personal information collected and troubleshooting or improving our services. We may work with third parties to receive data or insights and combine that information with the data and insights acquired by Johnny Grow.
- Advertising and marketing for Johnny Grow or our customers. We use personal information for advertising and marketing, such as analyzing and predicting business buying behavior or business interests and delivering interest-based advertising and content to your device, such as ads or website content tailored to you on behalf of advertisers, across websites and devices, and over time. We use personal information to communicate with people about offers, events, services or products by us and partners. We may combine the personal information we have with third party data, including data that may directly or indirectly identify you, for improving the personalization of ads or other content.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation. We may use personal information we collect or receive as required under law, legal or financial processes like audits.
- To provide reporting. We may use personal information to create reports (such as performance analytics, statistics, metrics and other details). We may also use personal information to carry out actions requested by customers or partners, such as combining data with additional data in our possession or provided by others or using data to retarget specific companies’ users with personalized advertising.
- For running our business. We use personal information for billing, account management, invoicing, investigating security and privacy incidents, as well as other legitimate business interests.
Cookies and Tracking
Johnny Grow and our analytics and service providers may use tracking pixels, web beacons or cookies to collect information. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering sites and services, tracking users’ online movements and to gather demographic information about our visitors.
We may use third party marketing cookies to help deliver ads relevant to your interests. These include, but are not limited to:
- Facebook – you can learn more about Facebook cookies and how you can control them at https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/.
- Google/Youtube – You can learn more about Google cookies and how you can control them at https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share personal information with third parties as described below:
- Sharing with partners. We may share personal information with our partners in order to provide services to our customers. Johnny Grow customers and other third parties may combine the personal information we share with additional data they have for their own marketing and sales purposes.
- Sharing to improve ad personalization. We may share personal information to create targeting segments to enable organizations to better personalize advertising.
- Sharing for business purposes. We may share personal information for our legitimate business needs. For example, we may share information with third party vendors (such as marketing, billing or security service providers), consultants, and other service providers who work on our behalf and need access to personal information to perform their work for us.
- Sharing for security. We may share personal information for security, fraud prevention, law and policy enforcement purposes, or enforcing our policies and terms, protecting rights, property and safety of individuals or other third parties.
- Sharing for marketing. Any information you volunteer for marketing purposes or otherwise, may be shared with the other third parties or partners when you provide such information.
- Disclosures required by law. In certain situations, we may be requested or required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Johnny Grow will disclose personal information where required to do so.
- Transfer to acquirer or successor entity. If Johnny Grow sells a substantial portion of its assets or is acquired, reorganized, merged into another entity, goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, it is likely that personal information will be one of the business assets transferred in connection with such activity.
- Sharing with your consent. We may share your personal information for any other purpose with your consent. If you have consented to a specific use of your personal information, you may revoke your consent for future use of your personal information for that purpose by contacting us as described in the contact us section below.
How We Protect Personal Information
Johnny Grow takes reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect and secure personal information and prevent its loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not always secure. Although we take precautions to protect information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Responsible Disclosure Policy
If you suspect a vulnerability impacting Johnny Grow services or technology, please share such details confidentially with Johnny Grow using the Contact Us website page. Please provide specific details of the suspected vulnerability so that Johnny Grow can verify and reproduce your results. Please do not publish or share any details of the suspected vulnerability with third parties or online.
How Long We Keep Personal Information
Johnny Grow retains personal information for as long as necessary to provide its products and services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, deliver communications and enforce our agreements.
Where We Process Personal Information
To exercise your privacy rights, please contact us using the Contact Us website page. We will verify your identity when needed to comply with your request, which may include reviewing government identification, and may be unable to proceed with your request if we are not able to verify your identity.
You have the right to request that we correct or otherwise amend your personal information. If you use Johnny Grow services, you may be able to correct your own personal information. If we have received your personal information from one of our partners, we may ask that you work with the partner to amend your personal information. We may ask for adequate proof of the amended personal information before we make a requested change.
When serving interest-based advertising to you, Johnny Grow may include the Digital Advertising Alliance’s ("DAA") AdChoices icon within such ads. This icon generally appears in one of the corners of the ad and may be accompanied by text such as "AdChoices." You can click on the icon to learn more about the ad and to opt-out of receiving ads from Johnny Grow in the future. Johnny Grow adheres to the DAA's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about the DAA and the AdChoices Icon, and to opt-out of interest-based advertising delivered by other participating companies, please visit the DAA webchoices page.
The DAA opt-out requires the ability to set an opt-out cookie in your browser. Your opt-out choices only apply to the particular browser and device from which you have opted-out, and only to the applicable advertising channel. For example, you may still receive interest-based advertising email marketing if you opt-out via web browser cookies or otherwise not via cookies. Please note that if you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies or change your cookie preferences, or if you use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice. Cookie-based opt-out preferences do not apply to Johnny Grow’s technology used to personalize web content to organizations.
If we send direct marketing emails to you, we will rely on the legitimate interests basis of processing and include an "unsubscribe" link on our emails to allow you to object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing. Click the link to unsubscribe and Johnny Grow will remove you from future emails within a reasonable amount of time.
If you are a California resident
If you are a California resident, you may exercise these rights or designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf.
Once per calendar year, you may request that we disclose to you what "Personal Information" as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) we collect, use, disclose and sell, and the specific Personal Information we have collected about you in the prior 12 months.
You have the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of Personal Information we collect (including how we use and disclose this Personal Information), to delete your Personal Information, to opt out of any "sales" (as defined in the CCPA) that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. To exercise these rights send your request to the email address in the Contact Us website page.
If you are in Europe
These rights apply if you are located in the EEA, Switzerland or the UK. If you are located in another country in Europe, please see the “Everyone” section above.
Subject to the exemptions under law, you may have the right to request access or delete your personal information. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive personal information that we process about you and transmit that information to another organization, i.e., a right to data portability. You may also request that we restrict or block future processing of your personal information.
Where we previously obtained your consent to process your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw that consent.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us using the Contact Us website page. We will validate these requests and carry out valid requests. If the request is not deemed valid, then we may share the reasons why it is not valid and your options for seeking resolution through a supervisory authority and through judicial remedy.
You have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the data protection authority in the country where you are located.
Personal Information of Children
Johnny Grow does not direct Johnny Grow sites or services to children under age 16. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 16. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under 16 without required consent, please contact us using the Contact Us website page.
If you raise a concern regarding your data, we will take reasonable steps to investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints or disputes.
To contact our Data Protection Officer, please email dpo[at]johnnygrow.com.