Ready to integrate supply chain and CRM best practices?
What We Can Achieve Together
Implement Salesforce with Sales Best Practices
Sellers sell more in less time when CRM displays inventory visibility, automates quotes and orders with CPQ, and manages the order to cash process
Design Salesforce with Marketing Best Practices
Marketing grows the pipeline when CRM campaigns apply items with fluid pricing changes, product promotions and negotiated trade agreements
Apply Customer Service Best Practices
Customer service increases customer share and retention when reps have full visibility to each customer's inventory movements and payment history
The Best CRM for Distributors and CPG Companies
For Customer Relationship Management software to achieve it's namesake description and the most important distributor and CPG business outcomes, consider CRM best practices, such as the following:
- Inventory visibility within CRM software is a best practice that gives sellers and customer facing staff real-time visibility of inventory across the supply chain. Staff need to know inventory quantities available to sell, see inventory in transit, know when goods will arrive, and have data such as credit availability and payment history display in the customer record.
- Using CRM Configure-Price-Quote automation is a best practice when selling highly configured items, items which incur frequent pricing changes or promotions, or processing multi-product orders with options and variations. CRM CPQ reduces order processing time and sales order errors by over 55%.
- The order to cash process includes a high volume of unique variables such as complex trade promotions, deductions, negotiated trade agreements and supplier rebates with bill backs, chargebacks, and SPAs. Using CRM to automate these variables and deliver guided selling recommendations results in incremental revenue capture and reduced revenue leakage.
- A 360-degree customer view is needed to deliver a complete and detailed history of purchases, fulfillment, returns, trade agreements, special pricing and profitability per order, item and customer. CRM must be configured to go beyond the standard 360 customer view of account firmographics and contact demographics and display the operational data needed to manage a distribution business.
- CRM integrated with a sales methodology and prescriptive sales process increases sale opportunity win rates by 11%. The most successful distributors have shifted from good ole boy selling to a sales methodology that leads with buyer insights, applies customer intelligence, solves for the customer and shifts your selling strategy from what you sell to how you sell.
These are only a few examples of applying CRM best practices to improve marketing conversions, sales performance and customer retention.
CRM Best Practices Increase User Adoption, Business Outcomes and ROI
CRM recommendations without supporting data are just opinions.
A smarter approach is to apply evidence-based best practices which are born from research findings that show how the Best-in-Class distributors and CPG companies (i.e., the top 15%) outperform all others.
Below are the top 9 CRM best practices to achieve the three goals of increasing user adoption, business outcomes and technology ROI.
These proven methods drive company growth using repeatable processes. They shift unsupported ideas that lack predictable results to prescriptive guidance that achieves forecasted outcomes.
And because they are data driven, they can be modeled to show investment, cash flow impact, time to value and payback.
A single CRM best practice will deliver incremental revenue growth. A collection will deliver exponentially more.
Optimizing Salesforce for Distribution and CPG Companies is our Business
There is a big difference between using Salesforce as an activity-based system and maximizing Salesforce to achieve business outcomes. We focus on the later.
We are experts in designing CRM for distribution and CPG companies. We apply Salesforce best practices to increase lead acquisitions, grow the pipeline, improve sales win rates, deliver differentiated customer experiences, grow customer lifetime value and other goals that drive company growth.
Johnny Grow Salesforce Signature Solutions
How To Get Started
Design Thinking Workshop
When it's time to implement or step up your Salesforce CRM, a one-day Design Thinking workshop can surface a prioritized list of the most important and highest impact user, customer and company outcomes.
These capabilities become the measurable success factors to demonstrate improved CRM value.
A Salesforce Implementation Plan with the 7 critical success factors to achieve the maximum CRM results in the least time, cost and risk.Read More
A side by side comparison of Adobe Marketo Engage and Salesforce Account Engagement (aka Pardot) shows the most significant differences.Read More